Wednesday, July 18, 2007

TREPASSER

I was lying in bed and I turned my head and looked over and saw this!!!!!!! My heart about stopped. It scared me to death. After I got my breath back (and my speaking ability) I showed my husband who laughed at me. I told him he had to get it OUT. So he was trying to figure out how he was going to get this guy out of the house all the while this trespasser was basking in the light streaming down from the window, quite content to pose for pictures - while in and out of his nap. I think it's an alligator lizard - and I know they bite - but this one was very passive. I know it's not a great shot, I've caught the corner of the bed sheet, but that was as close as I dared to get.

7 comments:

Lima said...

Aubrey, that's a wicked shot! I'm not sure that I would have dared to get as close as that so well done you for being ultra brave! :-)

Vanda said...

Brilliant Aubrey, scary to say the least but brilliant xXx

Unknown said...

I do believe I would have pee'd my pants and THEN had a heart attack. You were certainly the pro photographer on this one, I don't know if I would have been able to take that shot. LOL

Eleanor said...

Hehe, my first visit to you for ages, and there's a big version of the little fella on my own blog. Well, a distant cousin of him anyway. The boys loved seeing lizards in Florida, don't know how they'd have felt about this chap though.
E
xx

Terry said...

I would have screamed so loud the neighbours would hear me. Great picture though.

pokettiger said...

Love how you presented this photo. Great shot!

Katie said...

*sigh* only in CA. I used to catch lizards all the time in the back yard. Once 2 drowned in the pool. that was sad :(