Thursday, August 23, 2007

WHITE

Edit*Adding a cheat. Had to, it was perfect for the prompt!
This photo was taken during one of my photo classes - our instructor wanted us to take a picture at night using a long exposure and we had to catch the lights & reflections on the water - but the boats had to remain white!
OK, don't laugh at me, but this was the only thing "white" that I had in the office (and I had to dig through the First-Aid kit to find 'em). I had some plain paper - but that's pretty boring. I know Q-tips aren't the world of excitement, but I tried to make it interesting by focusing on the stick part of the Q-tip and blurring the swabs. I also like the reflection caught on the desk. It's all I could do with a Q-tip! (P.S. Lin - if you happen to stop by today - would you invite me to see your blog - I've missed seeing your and Joshua's pictures!)

18 comments:

Diana said...

I am dumsruck again that is just so cool Love all the refections! Di X

Debbie said...

ooh ive loved looking at your photos and that boat shot is fantastic!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)

Beverley Todd said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Very sweet of you. Stunning photo of the boats - & your Q-Tips made me giggle!

Louise said...

great pics, I love the cotton buds... they look really big:)

Sue said...

WoW! That first photo is fabulous. I am in awe :)

Ha! Laughed when I saw the buds:) How cool as my children would say!

Sue

Hazel said...

What a fantastic photo - it's perfect! And the cottonbuds aren't bad, either!

Unknown said...

Stunning photo of the boats!!

pokettiger said...

Wonderful boat and water photo. I would really like to take a photography class and learn more. I took one class back in high school. Even learned how to develop my own film. That has been awhile though.

Terrie Farrell said...

Great pictures, well done. X

Vanda said...

Wow Aubrey, they are truly amazing, the boat photo is stunning. You're going to have to give us some tips on all the stuff you've learnt :O) I have to say that's amazing how you managed to make Qtips look interesting ~ love the reflection xXx

Joy said...

What a fabulous photo!!! Love that!

Unknown said...

Oh I love both of them...your boat photo is so clear and crisp!

etteY said...

Aubrey that was a fantastic shot! I love the reflection on the water!

LOL on the q-tips ;)

Andrew said...

Great pics as always, Aubrey. Had missed you being about the place - great to have you back!
Ax

Oblibby said...

Lovely photos, Aubrey. The boats just make me want to go on holiday.

All of my Todays said...

Wow I love the boat photo it's stunning. You take amazing pics.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You and Q-tips! Love the bo-oats! (Said in my best Forrest, Forrst Gump voice.)

Olivia said...

Thanks for your comments Aubrey!
I loved the reflections of the boats. It's beautiful!